The Firm presently working with the name of “Kharal & Co Advocates & Corporate Consultants” was founded in 1980 in Lahore by the founding Partner Rai Muhammad Nawaz Kharal. In 1990 the primary base of the Firm was shifted to Islamabad. From its initial concentration and expertise in litigation, the Firm has aggressively expanded and diversified its areas of practice in the last five years, and successfully positioned itself as a top-tier law Firm in Pakistan. It has progressed into a full-service law Firm offering premium and efficient legal services in various fields of practice to clients, both domestic and foreign, representing a broad range of industries. To complement its prominent litigation practice, the Firm has sufficient name attributed to its senior partner in litigation of various areas of law, energy, securities law, employment and Labour, taxation law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate rehabilitation, project finance and mining
The firm has the owner of having Chaudhary Ameer Hussain (former Speaker National Assembly) as its Partners, who has now retired from active practice.
Other partners and associates of the Firm are young but highly experienced and innovative lawyers who are acknowledged as emerging names in their respective fields. The Firm has entered working association with H&M Law (www.hmlaw.com.pk).
The firm has fully established Offices in Islamabad and Lahore, and has close working association with firms in Karachi and Dubai.
- 19-11-1973. Enrolled as an Advocate.
- 19-03-1979. Enrolled as an Advocate of High Court.
- 17-12-1998. Fitness Certificate as issued by his Lordship the Chief Justice and Judges of the Lahore High Court, Lahore.
- 13-02-1999. Pakistan Bar Counsel enrolled and issued a certificate to appear, act and plead as an advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- 02-03-1999. His Lordship the Chief Justice and Companion Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan pleased to grant permission to sign the Roll of Advocates, and accordingly name was entered in the Roll at Sr. No. 2316, and was signed, to act and plead as an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- 10-09-1999 The Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan conferred, life membership of the apex association.
(i) Since enrolment in 1973, is in active law practice in the fields of Civil, Corporate Constitutional, Taxation, Banking and Arbitration, Service & Employment Law. Appeared in High Profile cases in the Supreme Court of Pakistan, as under:
(1) Military Take over Case in Supreme Court of Pakistan for Supreme Court Bar Association.
(2) Appointment of Supreme Court Judges case.
(3) Referendum case.
(4) Against M/S Sui Southern Gas Co. cases in the Supreme Court of Pakistan (All the judgments are reported).
(5) Hisba Bill Case
(6) National Reconciliation Ordinance (NRO) Cases
(ii) Vide office Memorandums issued by the M/o Law and Justice to the Govt. of Pakistan appointed as Panel Counsel of M/S N.B.P. H.B.L. U.B.L. RDFC, SBFC (SME Bank) NDFC, SECP Investment Corporation of Pakistan, Insurance Corporation of Pakistan, BEL. PICIC. FBC. OPF. PTDC. OGDC. PIAC. and is actively working with them besides the private clientele from private sector.
(iii) In 1997, was nominated as Deputy Attorney General to the Government of Pakistan.
(iv) On 7th March 1997, was appointed as Legal Consultant for the period of 3 years to the Agricultural Development Bank of Pakistan prior to it, was also working as their Legal Counsel.
(v) On 4th May 1997, Ministry of Kashmir Affairs & Northern Areas and SAFRON, Govt. of Pakistan, Islamabad, appointed Consultant for the projects, “Enhancement and uprating of Power Generation Projects in Gilgit” based on public private partnership.
(vi) In year 1999, served as Legal Advisor M/S HONG KONG BANK, the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. an International Banking Company.
(vii) In 2005 was appointed as Legal Advisor Capital Development Authority, Islamabad, by Ministry of Law & Justice & H.R. Division, Govt. of Pakistan, in terms of Rule 14(1)(9) of the Rules of Business, 1973.
(viii) He has substantial amount of experience in the area of Intellectual Property, and has handled various cases and conducted research in this field.
(ix) Has been representing a wide array of satisfied clients in the Supreme Courts and High Court of Pakistan.
(i) Senior and Founding Partner of Kharal & Co an International Law Firm.
(ii) Participated in a Seminar in the month of March 2001, organized by Export Promotion Bureau, in collaboration with WIPO to discuss various modes of Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights in Pakistan.
(iii) Participated in a Seminar on 29-30 June 2002, on “SCOPE” Interpretation and Implications of FIDIC’S Conditions of Contract and Arbitration Process in International Arbitration, organized by International Institute of Islamic Economic, International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
(iv) Elected as Member Executive Committee, Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan. (Year 1999-2001).
(v) Chief Executive of M/s Foundation for Intellectual Property (Awareness & Research), an NGO registered U/S 42 of the Companies Ordinance.